Research and Planning

Monday 17 October 2016

Task Ten- Analyse previous students work



This sequence is of a very high quality. Not only does the footage look very professional, the sequence uses miss en scene effectively to portray the genre and engage the target audience. Items like the doll are used as conventions of the horror to make it clear to the audience what type of film they will be watching. I would grade this piece of work at an A/A* due to how well the student has edited and chose the setting carefully to add realism to the film.



Unlike the sequence above, this work has many areas of improvement. The sound is very unclear which affects the quality of the video and the shots used are often pointless. The blurry transitions are used to often and the audience becomes bored of them. For this reason I would give this film a C grade mainly due to the low quality diegetic sound.



Like I said in the commentary, the strength of the video is the away the credits are presented. However, the quality is sometimes poor as certain credits are unclear. Although I think the creative way the task has been made balances this out so it would get a C/B grade.

What have I learnt

This task has shown me the standard of sequence I will have to produce to get a high grade. It has shown me that interesting editing will really make my video stand out compared to others. I will also make sure that the actors in my film present the social group well as I have fond this is one of the best ways to engage a target audience. Lastly, I have realised the task will be very time consuming but important to check after filming. For example I will need to check that the audio is clear before starting my editing as it affects the quality of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment