Research and Planning

Friday 14 October 2016

Task Nine-Representation in films












LINK FOR EASIER VIEWING-  https://www.spiderscribe.net/app/?5bc32294147a795579de7ebe5739cc2a



What have I learnt
This task his show me how directors and producers target their audience through pieces of mise en scene, especially clothing, so characters can become relatable to a social group. For example, the protagonist in Ferris Bueller's Day Off is shown as a teenage boy by the posters in his room. It is important to attach a character to a social group as the audience will then recognise traits and stereotypes of that character. This helps develop the narrative and also makes it easier for the viewer to identify which character is a certain type following Propp's character theory. Lastly, when I make my sequence I will to careful with my use of costume and other pieces of mise en scene as I want the audience to make the right judgement of a character that I am trying to present.

No comments:

Post a Comment