Research and Planning

Sunday 9 October 2016

Task Eight- Narrative Structure





Narrative Theories

Todorov
Image result for todorov theory
Propp
Image result for propp theory
Levi Strauss
Image result for levi strauss theory
Barthes

Image result for barthes theory







I have never seen this film so all narrative structure is from the opening sequence (Scott Pilgrim)

What have I learnt

In this task I have learnt several theorists and the role they have played to develop opinions on films. Each theory is clearly proven in this task so it shows me it is important for me to include them in my opening. For example I could make sure I am using a binary opposition of good vs evil to help build the narrative in the short time I have. Furthermore, It has taught me that there is a clear structure to films and openings and they aren't just randomly put in place or made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment